A proverb can express and illustrate many things, but it’s the simplicity and cleverness that makes one profound. Here are 10 of the most insightful African Proverbs you won’t forget.
1. We desire to bequeath two things to our children. The first is roots and the other is wings.- African Proverbs
2. He who runs after good fortune runs away from peace. – African Proverbs
3. If you damage the character of another, you damage your own. – African Proverb
4. Wisdom is like a Baobab Tree. No one individual can embrace it.- African Proverb
5. A person with too much ambition cannot sleep in peace.- African Proverbs
6. An elephant does not limp when walking on thorns.- African Proverbs
7. When an old man dies, a library burns to the ground with him. -African Proverb
8.If you think you’re too small to make a difference, spend a night with a mosquito. – African Proverb
9. A lie has many variations, the truth none.
10.If you want to go fast go alone. If you want to go far, go together. – African Proverb
We’re not going to stop there here are 10 more African proverbs highly insightful and deeply profound.
11. Where you sit when you’re old shows where you stood in your youth. – African Proverb
12. Birds sing, not because they have answers but because they have songs. -African Proverb
13. If your only tool is a hammer, you will see every problem as a nail. – African Proverb
14. Wisdom is wealth- African Proverb
15. There can be no peace without understanding. – African Proverb
16. What you help a child to love can be more important than what you help him to learn. -African Proverb
17. You always learn a lot more when you lose, than when you win. – African Proverb
18. What you learn is what you die with. – African Proverb
19. If you are filled with pride, then you will have no room for wisdom. ~ African proverb
20. You do not teach the paths of the forest to an old gorilla. -African Proverb