This man needs no introduction. John Lennon was a dreamer and an idealist who believed in the power of peace and love. He was one of the most creative and free-spirited artists of our time. A musician and writer who expressed himself through his heartfelt words.
Here are 52 quotes from a real free spirit -John Lennon that will inspire you to follow your dreams.
52. “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.”
51. “Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.”
50. “If someone thinks that peace and love are just a cliche that must have been left behind in the 60s, that’s a problem. Peace and love are eternal.”
49. “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.”
48. “I get by with a little help from my friends.”
47. “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
46. “I think…there is nothing more powerful than an idea whose time has come.”
45. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.”
44. “The more real you get the more unreal the world gets. ”
43. “We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.”
42. “Remember to let her into your heart.”
41. “Everything is clearer when you’re in love.”
40. “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love”
39. “I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.”
38. “When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind.”
37. “Love is the Answer. What was the Question?”
36. “Creativity is a gift. It doesn’t come through if the air is cluttered.”
35. “They hate you if you’re clever and they despise a fool.”
34. “Life is what happens to you whilst you busy making other plans”
33. “You won’t get anything unless you have the vision to imagine it”
32. “Part of me suspects that I’m a loser and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty.”
31. “A genius is a form of madness, and we’re all that way, you know.”-
30. “There’s no other time but the present. Anything else is a waste of time.”
29. “THEY, whoever they are, don’t stand a chance because they can’t beat love.”
28. “Art is only a way of expressing pain.”
27. “Love is the greatest refreshment of life”
26. There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
25. Count your age by friends not years, count your life by smiles, not tears.
24. I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?
23. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create.
22. Love is the flower; you’ve got to let it grow.
21. If everyone could just be happy with themselves and the choices people around them make, the world would instantly be a better place!
20. Turn off your mind, relax and float downstream.
19. There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…
18. We’ve got this gift of love, but love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.
17. There’ nothing you can know that isn’t known.
16. Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted.
15. War is over … If you want it.
14. Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.
13. Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun.
12. It’s weird not to be weird.
11. I don’t believe in killing whatever the reason!
10. We all have Hitler in us, but we also have love and peace. So why not give peace a chance for once?
9. I don’t believe in yesterday, by the way
8. What we’ve got to do is keep hope alive. Because without it we’ll sink.
7. It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what colour my skin is, or whether I’m a woman or a man. –
6. You’re just left with yourself all the time, whatever you do anyway. You’ve got to get down to your own God in your own temple. It’s all down to you, mate.
5.I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It’s just that the translations have gone wrong.
4. When you do something beautiful and nobody noticed, don’t be sad. For the sun, every morning is a beautiful spectacle and yet most of the audience, still sleeps.
3.We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.
2. God is a concept by which we measure our pain
1. One thing I can tell you is you have to be free. Come together, right now, over me.
In this Article:
The man, the myth, the legend.
John Lennon was born in Liverpool, England on October ninth, 1940. He was born into a working class family, and his early years were marked by economic hardship. Despite this, he found solace in music, and he began to play the guitar at an early age. He was also a member of several skiffle bands, which were popular in Britain at the time. In 1957, he met Paul McCartney, and the two would go on to form the most successful band in history:
The Beatles rose to prominence in the 1960s with their unique blend of pop and rock music. They quickly became one of the most popular bands in the world, and their popularity only grew with each album release. They released a total of thirteen albums, and their final album, Abbey Road, is considered to be one of the greatest albums of all time.
In 1969, The Beatles disbanded, and John Lennon began a solo career. He released a number of successful albums, including Imagine and Double Fantasy. He also became involved in political activism, and he spoke out against the Vietnam War. In 1980, he was shot and killed by an obsessed fan. His death shocked the world, and millions of people mourned his loss.
John Lennon was one of the most influential musicians of our time. His music has inspired generations of people around the world. His life was cut short by violence, but his legacy will live on forever.
Yoko Ono is an artist, musician, and peace activist who is best known for her relationship with John Lennon. She met Lennon in 1966 and they were married in 1969. After Lennon’s death, she continued to work on behalf of world peace and has been an active force in the music industry. She is also a philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to various causes over the years.
Ono was born in Tokyo, Japan, on February 18, 1933. Her father was a wealthy banker and her mother was a homemaker. She has two sisters, one of whom is actress Mia Farrow. Ono was educated at prestigious schools in Japan and later attended college in the United States. She met Lennon while she was studying at the University of California, Berkley.
Lennon and Ono were free-spirited individuals who shared a passion for peace and social justice. They were both active in the anti-war movement and spoke out against violence and oppression. They also campaigned for free speech, women’s rights, and other progressive causes. In 1971, they released the album “Imagine” which contained the title track that became an anthem for peace. The couple remained committed to their beliefs and continued to work for change until Lennon’s untimely death.
Peace and Social Justice
Ono has continued to be an active force for peace and social justice in the years since Lennon’s death. She has been involved in numerous charitable causes and has donated millions of dollars to various organizations. She has also continued to make music and has released several solo albums. Ono is a unique individual who has had a profound impact on the world. She is a true legend in her own right.
Yoko Ono is a free-spirited individual who shares a passion for peace and social justice with John Lennon. The couple met while she was studying at the University of California, Berkley and they were married in 1969. After Lennon’s death, she continued to work on behalf of world peace and has been an active force in the music industry. She is also a philanthropist and has donated millions of dollars to various causes over the years. Ono is a true legend in her own right.
Like this post? For more follow us on Facebook
Images credit getty images